Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Bad Outfit #3: Summer Viewing

When I say "summer viewing," I don't mean viewing art or nature. Unfortunately, I'm referring to a funeral viewing. Beyond being a bad outfit that does nothing for my munchkin figure (and I'm aware of that, I promise, and I love it regardless, no lies), it may also strike some as a very odd outfit for a funeral. Where I'm from, however, it is not unusual to wear business casual types of clothing to viewings, especially in the hot, humid summer months, though of course, you always dress up for the actual funeral. I also wore this skirt and these boots with a more "flattering" taupe tank top and fitted jean jacket for my friend Laurel's birthday, but dear God, I was NOT gonna wear the jacket today.


TOP & SKIRT: thrift store finds
BOOTS: Dr. Marten's 1914 Triumph, Brown Massai
JEWELRY: none in the pictures, but I put on a necklace from Jolliffe Jewelry before leaving.

My makeup was essentially my standard "no makeup makeup" with some minor changes: I added more (but still subtle) color with the Revlon Just Bitten balm stain in Honey and the ELF Essential liquid eyeliner in Ash, and I used the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter in Pearl instead of MAC Pearl CCB.

No comments:

Post a Comment